Monday, January 31, 2011

Denmark: Lars hedegaard Acquitted!

From The American Thinker:

January 31, 2011


Breaking news: Lars Hedegaard Acquitted! (Updated with victory statement)

Andrew G. Bostom

Just received the following e-mail from Lars Hedegaard:





"I was acquitted. A major victory for free speech!"





For background on Lars Hedegaard and hbis struggle for free speech about Islam in Denmark, see this and this.



A victory for free speech, and a defeat for Islamists and their abbetors in Europe.



Update -- here is Lars Hedegaard's official statement:



Statement by Lars Hedegaard on his acquittal





Copenhagen, January 31, 2011





As my ancient forefathers, the vikings, would have said: It is always good to fight. It is better to win.





My detractors - the foes of free speech and the enablers of an Islamic ascendancy in the West - will claim that I was acquitted on a technicality, namely that the judge in the Court of Frederiksberg resolved that my supposedly offensive comments on the violations against little Muslim girls were not intended for public dissemination.





That is absolutely true. The judge chose to the way out provided by my capable counsel.





However, the public prosecutor has been privy to the circumstances surrounding my case for a year - and yet he chose to prosecute me. Obviously in the hope that he could secure a conviction given the Islamophile sentiment among our ruling classes.





My acquittal is therefore a major victory for free speech.





I have no doubt that the massive support I have received from freedom fighters around the world has been instrumental in securing my acquittal.





This outcome will encourage people all over the West and beyond to speak up.





The battle for freedom is far from lost.

Posted at 09:59 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment